AgriGrowth Hosts “The Minnesota Ag & Food Summit”
Formerly known as the “AgriGrowth Annual Meeting”, the meeting brings together leading Minnesota agribusiness and food production businesses and association to feature day-long event of analysis and policy discussion
St. Paul, MN – Minnesota AgriGrowth Council (AgriGrowth) hosts the “Minnesota Ag & Food Summit” on Thursday, November 15. “The Minnesota Ag & Food Summit” is the pinnacle gathering of leaders from the production agriculture, agribusiness and food production community in Minnesota, known for business networking, topical speakers and access to the leading public policy and business voices in agribusiness and agriculture.
The day is filled with unique speakers, valuable insights, and conversations on the future of agriculture and food production sectors in Minnesota. Highlights of the speakers and panels:
- Updates and perspectives on the U.S. agriculture economy from Dr. Jason Henderson, Purdue University Extension
- Dan Pearson formerly with Cargill and Cato will address trade: “Rebuilding Momentum Toward Trade Liberalization”
- Minneapolis Federal Reserve President Neel Kashkari will be the afternoon keynote
- Alan Bjerga, former Bloomberg Radio Host and Farm Policy Writer, current Senior Vice President of Communications for the National Milk Producers Federation will address the 2018 election impacts on federal policies.
- 2018 Minnesota election insights will be covered by these panelists:
- Mike Erlandson, Aurora Strategic Advisors
- Sarah Walker, MZA+Co
- Gina Countryman, Minnesota Action Network
- Kurt Zellers, MZA+Co
The Minnesota Ag & Food Summit – hosted by AgriGrowth
Minneapolis Convention Center
Time: 9:00 am- 4:30pm
Date: Thursday November 15th
Minnesota AgriGrowth Council is a non-partisan, non-profit member organization representing the agriculture and food systems industry. AgriGrowth’s strategic approach to policy development, issues management, collaboration and awareness fosters long-term sustainability, competitiveness and business growth. The organization’s diverse membership provides an informed and respected perspective for key influencers and consumers. AgriGrowth’s industry-wide perspective is essential in a state where agriculture and food is the second largest economic driver. More information can be found at agrigrowth.org or by following AgriGrowth’s Twitter account at @mn_agrigrowth.