What Is AgriGrowth?
Mission and Purpose
The Minnesota AgriGrowth Council is a nonprofit, nonpartisan member organization representing the agriculture and food systems industry. Formed in 1968, AgriGrowth’s strategic approach to public policy advocacy, issues management and collaboration seeks to foster long-term sustainability, competitiveness, and business growth.
AgriGrowth also strives to serve as a convener and trusted information source, bringing together its members to address critical challenges and provide solution-oriented outcomes. AgriGrowth’s industry-wide perspective is essential in a state where the agriculture and food sector is the second largest economic driver.
- Over 150 companies, organizations, and individuals
- For current list, visit our Members page
- Non-profit, non-partisan, member-based association
- Elected board of directors
Three strategic priorities guide AgriGrowth’s work:
- Advocating for a positive business climate for Minnesota’s food systems & agriculture
- Building awareness, trust, and support for our sector with “key influencer” audiences
- Serving as a convener and thought leader on issues relevant to the future growth and prosperity of our sector.
AgriGrowth’s Unique Role
- Members are part of the only organization in Minnesota whose diverse membership and public policy work is solely devoted to ensuring a progressive environment for developing and sustaining the agriculture and food sector.
- Members have a point of contact for sharing their story and informing policymakers about the issues impacting their business and the business climate. AgriGrowth works to know and understand our members’ stories which strengthen our position as we work to inform consumers, policymakers and the general public about the value of Minnesota’s agriculture and food systems industry to our state’s economy.
- Members have a trusted go-to-source for exclusive and timely industry information.
- Members gain access to unparalleled opportunities for networking, relationship building and collaboration with leaders from across the food, agricultural and food systems industry in Minnesota and beyond.